The ladders and steps training course delivered by Boss Training is designed to equip operators of temporary access equipment with the skills to recognise and eliminate the dangers of incorrect ladder usage.
Ladder safety training is required for any person who will use or supervise the use of ladders and steps in the workplace.This course may also be of use to any employees who might not already be using ladders in their current role, but may be required to do so in the future.
Our ladder safety training equips users of temporary access equipment with all theoretical knowledge they require, whilst also giving them insight into recognising and eliminating the danger of incorrect ladder usage. This training allows delegates to conduct risk assessments and select the right equipment for the job according to the height to be accessed. While ladders can be used for low height tasks, it is important to take appropriate measures to reduce risk and candidates will complete the course with an understanding of the risks and the precautions that need to be put in place.
Course content is constantly being updated in line with the changing requirements of Work at Height Regulations.
“Boss training provide ladder and safe work at height courses for us. They are always delivered to a very high standard; the trainer is friendly, helpful and reliable.” – Stacey Kavanagh – Greater Manchester Police
- Delegates will gain a thorough understanding of statutory regulations surrounding the use of ladders and steps
- A section will cover how to identify different types of ladders and steps
- Hands on experience on how to safely use and carry ladders and steps in the workplace
- The course will be assessed with a multiple choice test paper at the end of the course
- Health and safety surrounding ladders and steps
- Current legislation on safe use of ladders
- How to identify the right ladder for your requirements
- Risk assessment when using ladders
- Ladder inspection method
- Multiple choice test paper at the end of the course