Our Vehicle Marshal Training Course is designed to train delegates in banksman vehicle control duties. It will make delegates aware of their legal responsibilities and take them through a safe system of work, from meeting and briefing the incoming driver to determining the route to be followed and then guiding the driver safely to the intended location.
Vehicle Marshal Training is essential for anyone responsible for overseeing vehicle movement on a work site or in a public area. For example, individuals who work in construction, logistics, warehousing, event management, and other industries that involve the use of vehicles.
Specifically, our Vehicle Marshal Training Course is necessary for anyone designated as a vehicle marshal or traffic marshal responsible for directing vehicles and ensuring the safety of workers, pedestrians, and drivers in and around the work site.
Boss Training’s Vehicle Marshal Training Course covers various topics related to traffic management, workplace safety, and communication. For example, your roles and responsibilities as a vehicle marshal, site-specific hazards and risks, communication and signalling, and emergency procedures.
In addition, the training course will also cover relevant laws and regulations related to traffic management on-site and how to ensure you comply.
- Delegates will understand their legal responsibilities as an individual in charge of overseeing vehicle movement on a work site or public area
- We will cover training on meeting and briefing the incoming driver
- A section will cover understanding how to determine the best possible route and how to guide drivers safely
- Delegates will also gain an understanding of the legal importance of their training
- Why we train
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Workplace Health Safety and Welfare Regulations 1992
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- Accidents and associated risks
- Risk assessment
- Personal risk assessment
- Safe system of work
- Banksman responsibilities
- Banksman signals
- Managing vehicle safety
- Full practical training
- Theory and practical testing