The Safety Harness and Lanyard Course from Boss Training will give candidates the knowledge to inspect, fit, and use harnesses and lanyards safely and correctly whilst working at height.
Our harness safety training is essential for anyone who works at heights or in hazardous environments where the risk of falling is present. For example, construction workers who conduct jobs on scaffolds, ladders, roofs, and other elevated surfaces must have harness safety training.
Other examples of people who require this training could be maintenance workers, window cleaners, emergency responders, or events staff. In general, anyone who works at heights or in hazardous environments should undergo harness safety training to ensure their safety and prevent accidents.
The Safety Use of Harness Training Course aims to provide delegates with the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required to use fall arrest and restraint equipment effectively and to carry out pre-use harness and lanyard inspections as required by current regulations.
This training allows delegates to select, inspect, and use the correct safety harness or lanyard for the job when working at height.
- Delegates will gain a thorough understanding of statutory regulations surrounding the use of safety harnesses and lanyards
- A section will cover how to identify different types of safety harnesses and lanyards
- Hands-on experience on how to safely inspect, fit, and use harnesses and lanyards safely and correctly whilst working at height
- The course will be assessed with a multiple choice test paper at the end of the course
- Health & Safety Laws and Regulations
- Responsibilities of employees and employers under these laws and regulations
- Different types of harnesses and lanyards
- Safe inspection of equipment
- How to put on and wear harnesses
- Working safely with harnesses and lanyards
- Storage of harnesses and lanyards
- Question & Answers